Transfer Window Heats Up: Guimaraes to Arsenal, Romero Chased by Atletico, Chelsea Close on Chavarria

By LiveScore365 Newsroom · Premier League Arsenal FC

With the summer transfer window edging toward its September 1 deadline, several Premier League clubs are moving quickly to finalise deals, with Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham all active in the market.

Arsenal are poised to confirm the signing of Bruno Guimaraes from Newcastle United, with the Brazilian midfielder having reportedly passed a medical and put pen to paper on a four-year deal at the Emirates Stadium. The fee involved is believed to be around £75million, with the possibility of rising to £80million depending on add-ons. Guimaraes is expected to wear the No.39 shirt, the number he has worn for club sides throughout his career.

The Gunners are also reportedly exploring a surprise move for Tottenham captain Cristian Romero. The Argentine defender is understood to want to leave north London this summer, with Atletico Madrid long considered his most probable destination given his desire to work under compatriot Diego Simeone. Inter Milan had also been in the frame, said to have agreed personal terms with the centre-back, but Arsenal's interest has emerged following an injury to William Saliba. Atletico, meanwhile, are reportedly preparing a fresh bid for Romero, with talks ongoing on both club and player sides.

Arsenal have also been linked with a move for Julian Alvarez following Vinicius Jr's decision to sign a new contract at Real Madrid. Personal terms are said to have already been agreed with the Argentine forward, who is viewed as Mikel Arteta's alternative attacking option after missing out on Morgan Rogers. Alvarez reportedly retains a preference for a move to Barcelona but has not dismissed a return to the Premier League. Any deal for Alvarez could cast doubt over Viktor Gyokeres's future at the club. Arsenal are additionally said to be preparing a renewed offer for Aston Villa's Ezri Konsa, with the Villans bracing for a fresh approach after an earlier bid fell short of their £60million valuation, as Arteta looks to strengthen his defence following injuries to Saliba and Jurrien Timber.

At Manchester United, Michael Carrick is searching for a long-term left-back option to eventually succeed Luke Shaw, whose contract expires next summer. Having seen moves for Newcastle's Lewis Hall and Arsenal's Myles Lewis-Skelly stall, United are now reportedly considering a move for Fulham and USA international Antonee Robinson. The club are also monitoring Racing Santander's Jorge Salinas, a versatile full-back who impressed at the Under-19 European Championships, with reports suggesting United could move to trigger his reported £13.7million release clause, though they may face competition from Barcelona. Separately, United have completed the signing of 18-year-old Colombian midfielder Cristian Orozco from Fortaleza CEIF for a fee of around £850,000, with the youngster set to join the club's academy setup.

Chelsea have concluded their pursuit of Rayo Vallecano left-back Pep Chavarria after lengthy negotiations, with an agreement reportedly reached earlier this week for an initial fee of £16.3million plus add-ons. According to Fabrizio Romano, Chavarria is due to undergo a medical before signing a long-term contract at Stamford Bridge, with the move likely to trigger a number of departures from the west London club.

Elsewhere, Tottenham are reportedly closing in on a new long-term contract for defender Micky van de Ven, who would become the third first-team player after Pedro Porro and Antonin Kinsky to commit his future to the club this summer, despite his current deal running until 2029.

With just weeks remaining before the window shuts, further movement is expected across the division as clubs look to complete their business.

Based on reporting from standard-football.

Sources: standard-football
AboutEditorial policyContactNewsWidget