The transfer rumour mill continues to churn as clubs across Europe scramble to complete deals before deadline day, with Monday's gossip column bringing a mixed bag of confirmed collapses, fresh interest and advancing negotiations.
Aston Villa goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez, 33, will not be completing a switch to Juventus this summer, according to reports, after discussions between the two clubs broke down. The Argentina international had been strongly linked with a move to Turin, but talks have failed to produce an agreement.
Elsewhere, Manchester City are reportedly pursuing a deal for Chelsea and Portugal winger Pedro Neto, 26, though the Premier League champions face stiff competition from Saudi side Al-Hilal for his signature.
At the Bernabeu, new Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho is said to have given the green light for a move to sign Arsenal midfielder Martin Zubimendi. The 27-year-old Spain international has been on Madrid's radar and now appears to have the backing of the club's new manager.
Chelsea striker Liam Delap, 23, looks set to leave Stamford Bridge this window, with the Blues reportedly having informed him he can depart. Everton are believed to be leading the race for the England forward, though Nottingham Forest have now entered the chase as well, with Delap keen to remain in the Premier League.
Newcastle United are reportedly readying an offer worth around 55 million euros (approximately £47m) for Villarreal's Georgia international forward Georges Mikautadze, 25. The Magpies are said to be competing with Barcelona for the striker's signature.
In Turkey, Galatasaray forward Victor Osimhen has not closed the door on a summer exit despite recently arriving at the club, with Arsenal reportedly among the interested parties in the 27-year-old Nigeria international.
Coventry City are said to be nearing the signing of teenage Guinea forward Sidiki Cherif from Fenerbahce, with a deal believed to have been agreed between the clubs for the 19-year-old.
Everton, meanwhile, are also reportedly interested in bringing in Bournemouth midfielder Marcus Tavernier, 27, before the transfer window closes, adding another name to their list of targets this deadline period.
A move for Leeds United striker Joel Piroe to West Ham United is said to be in its closing stages, with the Suriname international, 27, expected to complete a switch to the London club.
Hull City are reported to be in advanced discussions over a £21m deal to sign Panathinaikos forward Andreas Tetteh, though Serie A side Roma are also credited with interest in the Greece international.
On the academy front, Manchester United are said to be looking to cash in on some of their younger prospects, with left-back Harry Amass, 19, potentially available for a fee in the region of £7m plus add-ons.
AC Milan's manager has reportedly excluded France midfielder Youssouf Fofana, 27, from his plans for the campaign, opening the door for Nottingham Forest and Crystal Palace to register interest in the player.
Finally, Atletico Madrid are said to be looking to beat rivals Barcelona to Girona's Morocco international Azzedine Ounahi, 26, with the Catalan club valuing the midfielder at approximately 25 million euros (£21.3m).
Based on reporting from BBC Sport, The Athletic, Talksport, Teamtalk, Fichajes, Caught Offside, Give Me Sport, Football Insider, Voetbal International, Ekrem Konur and the Mail.