Transfer Roundup: Guimaraes Nears Arsenal Medical as Man Utd Eye Lewis-Skelly and Hall

By LiveScore365 Newsroom · Premier League Arsenal FC

Arsenal appear to be on the verge of completing one of the most talked-about transfer sagas of the summer, with Newcastle captain Bruno Guimaraes reportedly set to undergo a medical as part of an £80million deal that has been weeks in the making.

Multiple reports, including the Sunday Times, suggest the two clubs have finally reached an agreement, with the Brazilian midfielder expected to complete his medical rather than join his Newcastle teammates for pre-season training in La Manga as originally planned. Newcastle have consistently maintained that no formal talks took place between the clubs directly, with the deal understood to have been driven largely through intermediaries. The Magpies are said to be exploring Inter Milan's Petar Sucic as a potential replacement should Guimaraes depart.

The expected departure of Guimaraes could have a knock-on effect at Arsenal, with the north London club reportedly also being pursued by Manchester United for young midfielder Myles Lewis-Skelly. The teenager's future had appeared uncertain before he successfully transitioned into a midfield role under Mikel Arteta last season, but United are said to see an opportunity given Arsenal's incoming reinforcements in that area.

Elsewhere for Manchester United, there has been encouraging news in their pursuit of Newcastle left-back Lewis Hall, with reports suggesting the player has turned down the chance to rejoin former club Chelsea. That comes as another potential departure from St James' Park looms following the Guimaraes situation.

Arsenal are also embroiled in a separate high-profile transfer story involving Real Madrid's Vinicius Junior. Reports over the weekend claimed the Gunners had struck an agreement in principle on personal terms with the Brazilian forward as his contract standoff with Real Madrid continues. However, incoming Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho poured cold water on any immediate exit, confirming after Real's 2-2 pre-season friendly draw with Fiorentina in Austria that Vinicius is expected to report back for training on Monday.

Adding another layer to Arsenal's summer activity, the club has also been linked with a surprise move for Ferran Torres. Spanish outlet Estadio Deportivo reported that Barcelona could be prepared to sell the Spain international, who scored the winning goal in extra time of the World Cup final, for a fee as low as €35million. Arsenal are said to be leading the race for his signature ahead of rivals Tottenham and Paris Saint-Germain.

Tottenham, meanwhile, have received a boost in their pursuit of Victor Osimhen. According to Spanish outlet SPORT, the Galatasaray and Nigeria striker could be open to a move away from the Turkish club this summer, with Galatasaray reportedly willing to consider a sale. Spurs are believed to have already lodged an approach worth around £55million, though Galatasaray are said to be seeking closer to £65million. Chelsea and Barcelona have also been credited with interest in Osimhen, who has previously been linked with Manchester United.

In other transfer business, Manchester United's Altay Bayindir looks set to join Celta Vigo, with the goalkeeper reportedly set for a medical over the weekend according to Spanish outlet AS. Newcastle have also strengthened their goalkeeping options by triggering a reported £25.7million release clause for Sporting Braga's Lukas Hornicek, who has already completed his medical in Spain.

Chelsea's business has continued too, with the club confirming the signing of Valentin Barco from Argentina, alongside ongoing efforts to sign Pep Chavarria. The west London side remain interested in Alex Scott amid speculation over a possible departure for Joao Pedro.

Based on reporting from Standard Sport.

Sources: standard-football
AboutEditorial policyContactNewsWidget