Tottenham Lodge Opening Bid for Galatasaray Striker Victor Osimhen

By LiveScore365 Newsroom · Premier League Chelsea

Tottenham Hotspur have made an initial approach to sign Victor Osimhen from Galatasaray, according to reports from Turkey, as the north London club look to bolster their attacking options ahead of the new season.

Turkish journalist Ekrem Konur reported that Spurs have submitted an opening offer in the region of £50million to £55million for the 27-year-old Nigerian forward. However, Galatasaray are understood to be holding out for a fee closer to £65million before they would consider sanctioning a sale.

The move comes as new Tottenham manager Roberto De Zerbi looks to strengthen his forward line this summer, with question marks lingering over the long-term future of Richarlison. Osimhen has emerged as one of the names on Spurs' radar, and reports suggest the striker himself would be receptive to a switch to the Premier League.

According to Caught Offside, personal terms are unlikely to present an obstacle should a deal progress, with Osimhen said to be open to joining Tottenham. The striker has been a long-standing target for English clubs, having previously been tracked by Chelsea two years ago before that move collapsed late in the transfer window.

Osimhen has continued to impress since his move to Galatasaray, and his availability has once again sparked interest from the Premier League, where he has long been considered one of the most sought-after strikers in European football.

Tottenham's pursuit of a new forward comes amid uncertainty surrounding Richarlison's future at the club. The Brazilian, who scored a stoppage-time winner against Chelsea in a pre-season friendly in Sydney, netted 12 goals last season, but speculation continues over whether he could depart before the transfer window closes.

Speaking on Saturday, De Zerbi addressed the situation surrounding Richarlison, making clear his admiration for the forward while acknowledging the player's future remains uncertain. "I like him as a player, as a guy," De Zerbi said. "It's unbelievable the attitude and behaviour, but at the end we have to respect what he wants to do. And we know, every one of us knows what he wants to do."

The Italian coach was keen to stress Richarlison's importance to the squad despite the transfer talk. "For me, he's still an important player, because it's not so easy to find another striker like Richarlison, because he scores goals," De Zerbi added. "He scored 12 goals last season, not through luck, because he feels the way to score."

De Zerbi also praised Richarlison's professionalism and standing within the squad, insisting there was no friction between the player and the club despite the uncertainty over his next move. "I don't know [if he wants to leave] ... there is not any problem, he's a lovely guy," he said. "All of us love him, the team-mates, the club, the staff, because he works hard every day, seriously every day."

With Richarlison's situation still unresolved, Tottenham appear to be exploring the market for alternatives, and Osimhen's potential availability at Galatasaray has quickly become one of the more prominent storylines of the club's summer business. Whether Spurs are willing to meet Galatasaray's valuation remains to be seen, but the opening bid suggests serious intent from the London club as the transfer window edges toward its climax.

Based on reporting from Standard Football (standard-football).

Sources: standard-football
AboutEditorial policyContactNewsWidget