Crystal Palace Secure Disasi on Loan, Stand Firm on Wharton Amid Manchester City Interest

By LiveScore365 Newsroom · Premier League Chelsea

Crystal Palace have moved to strengthen their defensive options by agreeing a loan deal with Chelsea for centre-back Axel Disasi, as the south London club continue to navigate a busy final week of the summer transfer window.

The 28-year-old, who spent the latter half of last season on loan at West Ham United, is expected to undergo a medical on Friday before officially joining Palace. His arrival comes as the Eagles search for a replacement for Maxence Lacroix, who departed for Chelsea earlier in the window.

Before turning to Disasi, Palace had explored the possibility of signing Josh Acheampong from Chelsea, but the west London club were unwilling to sanction the England Under-21 international's departure from Stamford Bridge.

Attention now turns to the midfield, where Palace are reportedly interested in Auxerre's Kévin Danois and Monaco playmaker Lamine Camara as they look to add further depth before the deadline closes.

While business continues on the incoming front, Palace have been firm in resisting outside interest in some of their most prized assets. Manchester City made an approach this week to sound out Adam Wharton's availability, but Palace have made clear that the 22-year-old England international is not for sale. Wharton, who still has three years remaining on his contract at Selhurst Park, would command a substantial fee were the club ever to reconsider their stance. Liverpool and Chelsea have also previously registered interest in the midfielder, with Chelsea reportedly keeping tabs on his situation in case City pursue a move for Enzo Fernández instead.

Palace manager Pierre Sage addressed the speculation surrounding Wharton ahead of his side's Premier League opener against Everton on Saturday, emphasizing the importance of stability after a summer of high-profile departures. "We sold big players and now I think it's not the moment to do that," Sage said. "Adam can play at a big club but I think one year with us, one year with a new dynamic, will be good for him and we need him."

Sage offered a similarly resolute message regarding forward Ismaïla Sarr, after Palace rejected an offer of around £26m from Galatasaray for the Senegal international. The Turkish outfit are believed to be preparing an improved bid, while cross-city rivals Fenerbahçe could also enter the race for last season's leading scorer at the club. "We will keep him," Sage stated. "He's a really important player for the club and for us. He will be able to play this weekend."

While Palace appear determined to hold onto Wharton and Sarr, the same cannot necessarily be said for Daniel Muñoz. The Colombian right-back, who has entered the final two years of his contract, is reportedly valued at around £25m and has attracted interest from Everton, Nottingham Forest and Tottenham Hotspur. His potential exit has been made more plausible following the signing of Anan Khalaili, along with the versatility of new arrivals Óscar Mingueza and Zavier Gozo, both of whom are capable of operating in the right wing-back role.

With the transfer deadline fast approaching, Palace look set for a hectic finish to the window as they balance incoming reinforcements with efforts to keep their key performers at Selhurst Park.

Based on reporting from Guardian Football.

Sources: guardian-football
AboutEditorial policyContactNewsWidget